Storefront Sign Design 101: 6 Tips To Stand Out From Your Local Signscape
Signage is the most effective form of advertisement for the following reasons: It’s more affordable than other marketing campaigns and the right signage makes a business stand out from the competition. However, their popularity has made the business landscape even more competitive than it already is. Since every brick-and-mortar store has signage, it’s no longer just enough to place a simple sign in your storefront and expect that customers will come flooding into your place of business.
In this article, we will examine six ways the right sign design for your storefront can help you stand out in a crowded marketplace.
- Use colour for branding. Colour is just as important as messaging, if not more. According to one study, about 85% of consumers make their purchasing decisions based on colour and 95% of all consumers rely on visuals to make a purchase. This is why it’s so crucial to make sure that the colours you use represent your brand message and the promise or solution you offer to your target customer base.
- Use catchy graphics and fonts. Eye-catching graphics and fonts create visual appeal and they are also memorable. When considering which graphics and fonts to use in your storefront sign, make sure that it’s bold, large enough to be seen from a distance, and easy to read. You also want to make sure that the font and graphics you use best represent your brand and brand messaging.
- Incorporate a logo. Logos are important because they are the face of a business and it’s the first thing people see. According to one study, up to 50% of consumers purchase products from brands they know well. However, if you’re a new and unknown business owner, there is no need to panic: There is room for every business owner to make a profit. The best way you can stand out from your competition as a new business owner is to make sure that your logo is unique, memorable, and consistent with your brand.
- Keep it simple. As the saying goes; less is more. This is just as true to signage as it is to anything else. You want your signage to represent your brand in the best way possible, and you want it to invite and entice prospective customers into your store. You can do so with a sign that features three or less colours and with a message that conveys your unique selling proposition clearly in a few words.
- Make it big and bold. You want to make sure your signage is visible from a distance, so you will need to make sure your storefront signage is as large as possible, or as your budget and space permits. LED signs are gaining popularity for this reason: They can be easily seen from a distance and in the night as well.
- Get creative. To truly stand out in an overcrowded marketplace, you have to think outside the box, whether that involves creating an unexpected and out of the ordinary message, or graphic design. People are often attracted to the unusual and unexpected. It raises awareness and gives them a new perspective on life in general.
If you’re considering signage in your storefront, Pivotal Signs & Imaging is your solution. We have a team of highly skilled sign specialists who have the know-how to design high quality signage that will help you stand out from your competition. We will work with you every step of the way to ensure you love the final product.
Give us a call today to learn how the right storefront signage will set you apart from your competition, attract customers, and drive sales.Back